CCQI Data Requests Information
- Data request review criteria
- Data request review and approval process
- Download data request application form
Data Use Agreement Form:
- Download SEHP Data Use Agreement form
Please note: There is a charge for use of the CCQI data. The cost to the researcher is $3,000 for each year of data for the SEHP database. For example if the researcher is requesting SEHP data from 2005-2007, then the total charge would be $9,000. Funding to pay for use of the data must be arranged and documented before the data request is submitted.
The Carolina Cost and Quality Initiative (CCQI) is a collaborative partnership between UNC’s School of Public Health and the Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research, to build, maintain, and oversee the use of data on health care services provided to North Carolina residents and to promote the use of these data for research. The focus of the research will be on the incidence and prevalence of disease in insured populations, patterns of utilization, treatment, and cost of care in NC with an objective to improve the delivery and quality of care to its residents.
Researchers at UNC may submit a request to the CCQI Oversight Committee to use these specialized datasets. Criteria used by the Oversight Committee, to evaluate each request, are described briefly below:
- Is the research question one that is in keeping with the overall focus of Initiative and important to be answered, for North Carolinians or to the US health system as a whole, either from a policy or practice perspective?
- Can the research question be adequately answered using the requested database?
- Are there an adequate number of cases to be studied for the proposed analysis?
- Are the right data elements available and specified?
- For the key data elements needed, is the quality of the data adequate?
To make a data request, please download and complete the data request form. Completed forms may be emailed to:
Stephanie Pierson, MSHI
CCQI Project Coordinator
email@example.com 919 966-5943
Download Data Request Form