Health Workforce Seminar Series
The Health Workforce Seminar Series, with support from Carolina Seminars, brings together a diverse group of academic scholars, students, practicing health professionals, and policy experts from around the country to discuss health workforce policy and planning.
Seminars Dates and Topics
- Health Workforce Seminar | Interprofessional Mental Health Teams at the Veteran’s Health Administration: Roles of Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Psychologists, and Chaplains
- Health Workforce Seminar | Brian Forrest | Direct Primary Care: What Is It, Who Does It, and How Is It Changing the Physician Workforce?
- Health Workforce Seminar | Jane Salvage | How Nurses Can Save the World and Why They Don’t! Evidence and empowerment in nursing policy-making
- Health Workforce Seminar | Gerry Cohen and Alex Miller | How the Sausage Gets Made: Influencing Policy at the North Carolina Legislature
- Health Workforce Seminar | Don Taylor | Fake News and False Equivalence: What Does a Post-Evidence Political System Mean for Researchers?
- Health Workforce Seminar | Des Gorman | Developing the Health Workforce for an Uncertain Future
- Developing the Health Workforce for an Uncertain Future, Dr. Des Gorman
- Health Workforce Seminar | Lew Lampiris | Poverty Simulation as an Educational Tool for Dental and Nursing Students
- Health Workforce Seminar | Chris Collins and Warren Newton | “Changing Graduate Medical Education in North Carolina: The Role of Medicaid and Other State Initiatives”
- Health Workforce Seminar | Rep. Josh Dobson, Rep. Graig Meyer, and Anita Brown-Graham | “Connecting Data to Policy: How to Get Legislators to Pay Attention to Your Research”
- Health Workforce Seminar | Dr. Annette DuBard | “Community-based, Multidisciplinary Care Teams: Optimizing the Return on Investment”
- April 26, 2016 – Dr. Luke Smith | Training Behavioral Health Providers to Care for Vulnerable Populations
- January 28, 2016 – Dr. Warren Newton | Interprofessional Education, Interprofessional Practice, and Outcomes”
- January 6, 2016 – Dr. Damon Tweedy | Reflections on Race and Medicine
- November 16, 2015 — Noah Wohlert, MD | Shining a Light in a Black Box: Rethinking GME to Meet NC’s Health Care Workforce Needs
- February 22, 2013 — J. Lloyd Michener, MD | What is the Workforce Required to Have a Healthy Country?
- October 27, 2015 – Mental Health Workforce Seminar: Drs. Victoria Soltis-Jarret, Marvin Swartz, and Kathleen Thompson
- September 16, 2015 – Integrated Health Care: Preparing Social Work for a New Environment – Drs. Lisa de Saxe Zerden and Anne Jones
- March 5, 2015 – Bob Phillips, MD, MSPH | “TRADEMaRQ? DAIQUERI? PHAsT?”
- February 2, 2015 – Grace Terrell, MD, MMM | “Health Professionals in the Reformed Health Care System”
- January 13, 2015- Rebecca Tippett, PhD | Urbanization and Migration in North Carolina
- December 2, 2014- Bob Konrad PhD | WMD* and the Genesis of New Occupations in the Health Sector
- October 8, 2014 – Linda Aiken, PhD | Using Hospital Performance Measures to Determine the Impact of Nursing on Patient Outcomes
- April 28, 2014 – Linda Lacey, MA and David Garr, MD | Driving Policy with Data – Or Not
- March 25, 2014 – George Jackson, PhD | Responding to Patient Needs in the VA Healthcare System
- January 30, 2014 – Glen H. Elder, Jr. PhD | Studying Lives in Changing Times: A Life-Course Journey