June 8, 2017
Erin Fraher, PhD, MPP
Plenary presentation at the National Forum of State Nursing Workforce Centers 2017 Conference
- Nursing workforce is critical to health system transformation
- Sometimes (often?) models don’t agree. Why?
- Why is modeling demand so difficult?
- What would the modeling field look like with fewer economists and more sociologists?
- Messaging your findings: is anyone listening?
- What have we learned from modeling physicians?
- What can we learn from abroad?
This work was supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the Physicians Foundation and the National Center for Health Workforce Analysis (NCHWA), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) under cooperative agreement #U81HP26495. The content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.