Continued Seminar in Health Disparities
This is the second academic year of funding for this seminar. Our previous year goals will carry forward this year with some additions and improvements. We still aim to become acquainted with researchers and students who are involved in or interested in health disparities; to understand how to build and refine the Program in Health Disparities Research at the Sheps Center based on interaction with seminar attendees and their identified needs; and to provide a space for researchers and students to present (and solicit feedback) on past and current research to a group of peers.
The general theme of this academic year’s seminar is on the impact structures have on health disparities and practices for conducting health disparities research. All seminars will be virtual and will have accompanying information and resources provided through Sakai. Please register for the seminar here (https://go.unc.edu/prihd).
- A Community Level Perspective on COVID-19 Health Disparities
- Structural Racism and Health Disparities
- Transportation Equity, the Disabled, and Health Disparities
- October 27, 2020 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Abigail Cochran, Post Doctoral Research Associate, UNC
- Teaching Journal Articles- Focus on Health Disparities Research Articles
- November 10, 2020 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sharita R. Thomas, Research Associate, UNC Sheps Center
For more information on seminar dates or to join the PriHD listserv, please see our webpage (http://www.shepscenter.unc.edu/blog/program/health-disparities/) and/or send an email to our program at email@example.com