UNC-CH has a new Graduate Certificate in Participatory Research
The Certificate Offers:
- Training in the theoretical bases, rationale, methodologies, challenges, and motivation for carrying out research in equitable partnership with instead of on communities.
- Exposure to participatory methods, ethical considerations, and research paradigms.
- Faculty mentorship and guidance to help you develop your respective projects.
- Connection to fellow graduate students, faculty, and community experts.
- Forums for discussing, sharing and refining participatory ethics and methodologies.
- Opportunities for students in all fields to gain experience by linking them to ongoing projects.
The Certificate is available to all graduate students across the University. It requires 10 hours of course credit over the student’s career and is meant to complement the student’s degree program.