Webinar: Using Learning Communities to Support Innovation Adoption: Lessons from the AHRQ Health Care Innovations Exchange
Date(s) - 08/25/2016
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
Using Learning Communities to Support Innovation Adoption: Lessons from the AHRQ Health Care Innovations Exchange
Thursday, August 25, 2016
1:30 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Mary P. Nix, M.S., P.M.P.; Lisa Simpson, MB, BCh, M.P.H., FAAP (moderator); Beverley Johnson; Herbert Smitherman, Jr., M.D., M.P.H., FACP; Joy P. Alonzo, MEng, PharmD, RPh; Russ Mardon, Ph.D.
This webinar, sponsored by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s Health Care Innovations Exchange (Innovations Exchange), is designed to share results and lessons from the Innovations Exchange’s Learning Communities initiative.
From 2014-2016, the Innovations Exchange sponsored three Learning Communities (LCs) to support innovation adoption in the following high-priority areas:
- Advancing the Practice of Patient- and Family-Centered Care in Hospitals (Florida);
- Reducing Non-Urgent Emergency Services (Detroit); and
- Promoting Medication Therapy Management for At-Risk Populations (Houston)
This event will present an overview of the activities and results of the three LCs; provide insights about factors that influenced innovation adoption and implementation; and share lessons learned in using LCs as a method to implement innovations to improve quality. A leader, or “champion,” from each LC will present highlights about the learning community experience.
Through this webinar, participants will:
- Learn about the experiences and results of the three topic-specific Innovations Exchange LCs.
- Gain an awareness and understanding of factors surrounding adoption and implementation of innovations within the context of the LCs.
- Learn about the use of learning communities for quality improvement based on a range of experiences across the LCs.