Product type: presentation to National Academy of Medicine Vital Directions for Health and Health Care Symposium, November 21st, 2019
Author: Erin Fraher, PhD, MPP
- New care models are not showing expected outcomes – potentially because we’re designing the workforce around health professions, not patients
- Care is shifting from acute to outpatients, community and home settings
- Gap in physician supply between rural and urban counties is growing
- Increased focus on social determinants of health requires shifting narrative from health workforce to “workforce for health”
- It’s the workforce already employed in the system who will transform care
Check out the full presentation here.