October 22, 2017
Brianna M. Lombardi, MSW; Lisa de Saxe Zerden, PhD; Erica Richman, PhD; Erin Fraher, MPP, PhD; Mark Fraser, PhD; Shiyou Wu, PhD
Presentation at the 2017 Council on Social Work Annual Program Meeting
- What are social worker roles on integrated primary care teams?
- Specific Aim 1: To describe the functions of social workers on interprofessional teams in integrated primary care
- Specific Aim 2: To compare the health outcomes of patients provided intervention by interprofessional teams comprised in part of social workers to health outcomes observed of patients routine primary care
- Review the systematic review and key findings
- Discuss implications for training and education
- Highlight continued barriers and next steps to social workers integration into health care settings
This work is funded through cooperative agreement U81HP26495, Health Workforce Research Centers, with the National Center for Health Workforce Analysis, Bureau of Health Professions, Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The content and conclusions are those of the authors and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.