Product type: Presentation at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) Policy Lab Morning Speaker Series, January 23, 2020.
Authors: Erin Fraher, PhD, MPP
- My frame: objective, “data agitating” workforce researcher and policy wonk
- A brief history of workforce projections—it hasn’t gone so well
- The science of projecting the “right” number of health professionals is still developing
- Better data and methods are needed to account for team-based models of care
- Data visualizations are useful tools to educate, engage and provoke stakeholders
- We’ve got plans with the American Board of Pediatrics to examine the peds workforce
Check out the full presentation here.