Product type: Keynote presentation to IRGNI, AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting, Seattle, WA, June 23, 2018.
Presenters: Erin Fraher, PhD
- We’re facing ever expanding “know-do gap” between growing
body of rigorous nursing workforce and scope of practice and payment policy
- Getting research translated into actionable policy change requires:
- –Documentation of key trends requiring policy action
- Strategically and intentionally framing messages
- Targeting messages outside academia and nursing to hospitals/health systems, physician professional associations (particularly FM!), state legislators, federal policy makers, educators, etc.
- New forms of “engaged scholarship”
- Patience because policy change is incremental