Authors: Jacqueline Burgette, DMD; Julie Spero, MSPH; Katie Gaul, MA
Presentation to the North Carolina Committee for Dental Health
January 21, 2016
- Basic data on workforce supply, distribution, demographic and practice characteristics can provide evidence to inform policy
- State budget constraints –what is the return on public investments in education?
- HRSA workforce projections
- Dentist shortage will increase from 270 (2012) to 459 (2025)
- Dental hygienist surplus will increase to 858 (2025)