Fellowship Application Procedure
The application window is now closed for the 2022-2023 year. We will begin accepting applications for the 2023-2024 year in the fall.
In accordance with the NIH Grants Policy Statement (18.104.22.168), applicants for fellowship support must be a citizen or a noncitizen national of the United States or have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence at the time of appointment.
Predoctoral applicants are asked to submit the following materials to email@example.com:
- Predoctoral Application Form 2022-2023
- Recent curriculum vitae
- Graduate transcript(s) – prefer electronic but will accept paper; UNC’s can be unofficial
- A letter from their mentor*
- Two other letters of recommendation from persons familiar with their abilities in relation to health services research or their field of specialization*
Acceptance to the predoctoral fellowship program is contingent upon being a full-time student in good standing in one of the listed UNC-CH academic departments.
Postdoctoral applicants are asked to:
- Complete an application on the Careers at Carolina website.
- Email Lindsay McCall two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with their abilities in relation to health services research or their field of specialization*
Persons wishing to pursue a formal degree program at UNC-CH should contact the relevant department for application materials and file a separate application in that regard. Particular questions about these matters should be addressed to the student services coordinator of the relevant department. Acceptance to the postdoctoral fellowship program does not guarantee acceptance to a degree program of UNC-CH, and vice versa.
* These letters can be sent directly from the recommenders or from the applicant.
For more information contact:Lindsay McCall, Program Coordinator
The Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research, UNC-CH