Requests for Analytic Data
Phone consults are required prior to submitting a data request. Please see the contact information section.
The CCQI Oversight Committee reviews all requests to use NC Medicaid data and BCBSNC claims data. The full approval process can take several months, depending on whether revisions are required.
The CCQI Oversight Committee uses the following criteria to evaluate data requests:
- Is the research question one that is in keeping with the overall focus of the Initiative and important to be answered, for North Carolinians or the US health system as a whole, either from a policy or practice perspective?
- Can the research question be adequately answered using the requested database? Are there an adequate number of cases to be studied for the proposed analysis? Are the right data elements available and specified? For the key data elements needed, is the quality of the data adequate?
- Is the proposed methodology sound and viable with respect to the research questions, population and data requested?
- Does the research team possess the requisite skills/experience and proposed resources to conduct the research with high standards and in an adequately specified time frame?
In addition to approval by the CCQI oversight committee, requests will also be reviewed by relevant committees at the North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance and/or BCBSNC (depending on the specific data requested). The entire review process will be coordinated by the CCQI project manager.
Documents Required for ALL Data Requests
- CCQI Data Request Form
- IRB approval (in PDF, on UNC IRBIS letterhead)
Additional Documents Required for BCBSNC Data Requests
Additional Documents Required for NC Medicaid Data Requests
Completed data request forms may be emailed to Abigail Haydon.